Position Title: Administrative Assistant, Immigration Services
Organization: Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Position Type: Full-time (37.5 hours per week), non-exempt
Pay Rate: $16 - $18
Benefits: Benefits for this position include a 401(k) plan, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts, life insurance and generous holiday benefits.
Working within the overall Immigration Services team, the Administrative Assistant is a hub of support for multi-program operations, primarily focusing on office related support, fiscal tracking, meeting preparation, backing up answering hotlines, and data entry as needed. The Administrative Assistant will report to the Senior Director of Immigration Services and on a regular basis, assist the Senior Director with day to day task management, calendaring, prepping documents, keeping organized and special projects. The candidate should have experience and a strong desire to work in a fast paced, team environment and interact with staff, clients, and guests in a consistently personable, professional, and helpful manner. This is an active position, working with many people across a large Division. The position requires advanced experience with Microsoft Office programs, specifically Excel, Word, and Outlook.
The position requires:
• At least two years of prior relevant experience providing administrative support in an office setting
• Ability to organize work coming from multiple sources and work cohesively with various levels of staff is necessary
• Unquestionable ability to operate in Microsoft Office programs, especially: Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Must be able to handle and maintain highly detailed documentation
• Ability to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality and personal information discretion
The ideal candidate will have or be:
• Prior experience working in a nonprofit setting
• Someone who thrives on helping others and following through on every detail
• A desire to have fun and laugh while working hard
• Willing to adjust work schedule and occasionally work evenings depending on staffing needs
• Bilingual – Bicultural (Spanish, Arabic, Farsi, Tagalog and Vietnamese) candidates preferred, although most work will be expected in English
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume on the following link:
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Please, no phone calls. Please, principals only. Please, local candidates only (relocation is not provided).
About Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Jewish Family Service of San Diego is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, more resilient community. For nearly 100 years, Jewish Family Service has been a trusted resource for the entire community, offering an array of services that are always life-changing, and often life-saving. At Jewish Family Service, we believe our employees are the backbone of our Agency. We strive to ensure that each employee is treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is your success. Come work at JFS and be our partner in Moving Forward Together. To learn more about JFS, please visit jfssd.org.
*Jewish Family Service is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree Preferred and 3-5 years of experience.