The Associate Director of Philanthropy (ADP) will carry, solicit, cultivate and steward a portfolio of mid-level prospects. S/He will support the Senior Director of Philanthropy (SDP) in the planning and implementation of all Women’s Philanthropy (WP) related activities. With guidance and support from the SDP and the CEO, the ADP will be responsible for developing the overall strategy to ensure the success of our signature Campaign Events, focusing on Men’s Event and Options. S/He is responsible for creating and implementing strategies and plans to ensure the daily operations of the Development Department run smoothly and efficiently and will supervise the administration of all community campaign, direct mail and telemarketing efforts. S/He will work with the database and finance staff to generate weekly and monthly campaign reports and will establish and regularly monitor key measurements to foster a results-oriented culture for the team.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
GENERAL FUNDRAISING & STRATEGY
- Responsible for cultivating, stewarding and soliciting a portfolio of donors from $1,000-$9,999 with a keen focus on both Lion of Judah (women who give over $5,000) and Pomegranate (women who give between $1,800-4,999) gifts.
- Coordinate and implement strategy for the professional and lay assignments of current donors, skips, and prospects.
- Work with SDP to plan and manage meetings with Development Team members.
- Create strategies and tactics for ongoing stewardship in the community campaign and mid-level portfolios, including directed giving.
- Carry out additional relevant responsibilities as requested by the CEO.
WOMEN’S PHILANTHROPY & LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT
- Collaborate with WP leadership to recruit new leadership and ambassadors, and engage leaders in donor development, solicitation and stewardship.
- Serve as lead staff in managing day-to-day implementation of WP Board leadership and committee work.
- Track, manage and report on monthly progress of Women’s Philanthropy fundraising.
- Identify, recruit, educate and motivate volunteers to actively participate in campaign and WP activities.
- Manage all programmatic elements (speakers, food, and other logistics) for WP engagement activities and small events.
- Manage national WP conference opportunities as well as overseas travel experiences.
- Engage in community activities and serve as a leadership role model for women in the community.
- Serve as primary liaison to JFNA’s (Jewish Federation of North America) National Women’s Philanthropy staff and key lay leaders in order to leverage resources and highlight San Diego in the national arena.
- Support the SDP’s efforts to implement the Pauline Foster Women’s Philanthropy Leadership Development Institute (PFWPLDI); specifically,
- Serve as key entry and point of connection to Federation with LD program participants.
- Manage day-to-day operations of PFWPLDI activities including communication with and coordination of facilitators, administer training sessions and meetings, general administration, and participant engagement.
- Oversee implementation and evaluation of WP Leadership Development Program
DATA ANALYSIS, ADMINISTRATION & DONOR RELATIONS
- In collaboration with appropriate Campaign and Finance staff, ensure ongoing measurement of campaign progress, reporting, forecasting and analysis takes place
- Analyze and evaluate campaign-related data to identify opportunities for campaign strategy improvements and greater efficiency and effectiveness.
- Support SDP’s efforts to develop and implement a “Moves Management” system.
- Support appropriate administrative staff on donor gift entry processes and acknowledgments systems.
- Effectively utilize Federation’s donor management system to manage, track, and report on all aspects of donor relationships.
EVENTS, DIRECT MAIL & TELEMARKETING
- Work with key staff partners and committee leadership to develop overall fundraising and program strategy to ensure success of our Signature Campaign Events.
- Work with key staff partners to develop a strategy for and execute the entire direct mail process using data analytics to A/B test, learn and take new/corrective action.
- Work with key staff to plan and execute phone-a-thons and telemarketing efforts.
- Event Manager
- Development Manager
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS:
- 5-7 years of experience in a fundraising or similar environment
- Proven ability to develop and implement fundraising strategies that will guide annual campaign efforts
- Proven ability to manage fundraising projects and processes independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with lay leaders and committee volunteers
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and manage staff
- Proficiency with fundraising database administration and management is important, knowledge of Blackbaud CRM a plus.
- Flexible perspective – ability to work with processes and systems that are evolving and subject to change.
- Innovative problem-solver who can generate workable solutions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills that will support donor stewardship strategies and organization-wide marketing efforts.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to evaluate campaign results and identify trends.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate across department and organizational boundaries, influence the decision of others, and deal effectively with multiple “customers” including department heads, volunteer leaders, donors, trustees and others.
- Knowledge of the Jewish community, customs and traditions, including knowledge of Israel.
- Ability to perform detailed work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to communicate in a professional, courteous manner in person, by e-mail and by telephone.
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office Applications – Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND EQUIPMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee must occasionally crouch, stoop, or reach. The employee must have the ability to travel and work weekends and evening when needed.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree Required and 6-9 years of experience.