Position Title: Care Management Manager
Organization: Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Position Type: Full-time (37.5 hours per week), Exempt
Salary: $55,000 - $55,575 a year
Benefits: Benefits for this position include a 401 (k) plan, medical, dental, vision, flex spending accounts, life insurance and a generous holiday schedule.
• Hire, train, supervise and coordinate Geriatric Care Managers, Case Aides and Specialists associated with Project Care and Fix it Program.
• Screen and train interns for Care Management and SOS programs of the Care Management Department.
• Coordinate back up for staff when they are not available (vacation, illness, etc.)
• Maintain limited case load: Assess clients and family needs, develop comprehensive care plans and coordinate needed services including developing links with a continuum of services and agencies. Provide ongoing advocacy and client monitoring and maintain up-to-date client records and program statistics.
• Provide crisis and or short-term counseling to clients and families and provide information and referral to community and staff.
• Assist with the implementation of the Care Management and SOS programs.
• Assist with the data management and quality of the program.
• Complete quality assurance tasks to ensure services provided in both Care Management and SOS are of high value to the client and families.
• Assist with the development, implementation and reporting requirements of department grants and awards.
• Assist with the development of documentation requested by third parties such as the Claims Conference for the SOS program.
• Assist in preparing for the audits and other program evaluations as needed.
• Engage in promotion and support of the Care Management service and associated programming as needed.
• Provide changes and additions to the JFS website as needed to reflect the current status of Care Management programs.
• Monitor the financial health of Care Management and associated programming, develop and implement annual budgets and oversee the approval of check requests for assigned programs.
• Other duties as assigned, with the understanding that the job responsibilities are evolving. The tasks and duties will remain focused on providing services within the focus of Aging & Wellness.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Supervision and Reports
• Hire, train and supervise Case Aides for Care Management and SOS
• Hire, train and supervise Care Managers in the Care Management program
• Aid with hiring, training and supervision of SOS Care Managers
• Assign clients to Care Management staff
• Monitor staff productivity monthly
• Track staff reports and semi-annuals to ensure client charts are up to date
• Track and coordinate staff hours
• Coordinate vacation coverage
• Review time sheets before for accuracy and approve time sheets by agency deadlines
• Work with universities and schools to coordinate interns for Care Management and SOS
• Provide supervision, training and completion of paperwork for department interns
2. Program Implementation
• Ensure departmental statistics entered on time
• Prepare, review and provide ETOi reports to the Director of Care Management
• Coordinate Care Management staff meetings, arrange speakers and prepare agenda and review and approve minutes taken during the meeting
• Provide back up to the SOS program, including working with the Claims Conference
• Assist in drafting Care Management related reports
3. Quality Control
• Review files for completion, including up to date progress notes and release notes
• Ensure confidentiality by checking that clients have signed HIPAA related forms and assure that any release of client information is done in a way that protects client rights 100% of the time
• All client records of the Care Management program must be comprised of all required forms 100% of the time, unless documentation indicates a special circumstance where it was impossible to complete the form.
4. Quality Assurance:
• Ensure that client satisfaction surveys are conducted (phone or letter) with clients or family (when appropriate) during annual survey and at the conclusion of care management or SOS services and reviewed 100% of time. Care Manager and Director to receive feedback from these forms
• Meet with clients and or family members to discuss any concerns
• Development, review and approval of all Care Management monthly billing.
• Ensure all documentation and record keeping of clients and department’s clients completed in appropriate time frame 90% of the time including assessment, care plans, ongoing progress notes, semi-annual reviews, discharge planning, and mandatory reporting
• Ensure all new clients are contacted to schedule for initial assessment/consultation within 72 hours of having received the signed contract from client or family 100% of the time
• Ensure Care Managers are maintaining progress notes, which includes all activity the Care Manager or Case Aide performs for the client; and track and bill time as evidenced by periodic quality assurance review, 100% of the time
• Review time sheets submitted online, mileage logs and billing sheets. Ensure they are completed, accurate and submitted in a timely manner 100% of the time
6. ONGOING TASKS
• Additional assignments, as assigned
Minimum Requirement for Employment:
• Master's Degree in Social Work or related field
• Valid driver's license; dependable transportation, current auto insurance and clean DMV record
• Four years’ experience working with older adults
• Familiarity with Jewish traditions and culture
• Experience in hiring, training and supervision of staff
• Excellent spelling, grammar and written communication skills
• Excellent telephone and oral communication skills
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as memos, general clerical documents, project and grant reports, safety rules, instruction booklets and manuals
• Ability to work well with a variety of populations in a diverse environment
• Ability to write well (e.g., memos, reports, e-mails, agendas, minutes)
• Ability to navigate ETOi software
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measurement using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
• Ability to analyze data
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions or in making decisions
• Ability to deal with problems involving several variables
• Excellent critical thinking ability
• Proficiency in Microsoft programs including Word, Excel and Outlook
• Computer proficiency
• Ability to write clear concise e-mails
• Able to motivate and retain staff
• Able to maintain high productivity of staff
• Ability and experience in having critical discussions
• Excellent customer service skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and listen. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and arms to finger a keyboard, handle papers and reach for the phone
• The employee needs to walk, or stand frequently
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. This includes putting a wheelchair and walked into the worker’s car
These are the job duties and the approximate % of time spent on each:
• Sitting (e-mails, flyers, data entry, completing forms and talking on the phone, sitting with clients) 55%
• Driving 5%
• Walking with clients and to clients, including stairs 20%
• Standing (i.e. – faxing, copying, filing) 15%
• Lifting (occasional moving of boxes, wheelchairs and walkers) 5%
Read to Move Forward:
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume on the following link;
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Please, no phone calls. Please, principals only. Please, local candidates only (relocation is not provided).
About Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Jewish Family Service of San Diego is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, more resilient community. For nearly 100 years, Jewish Family Service has been a trusted resource for the entire community, offering an array of services that are always life-changing, and often life-saving. At Jewish Family Service, we believe our employees are the backbone of our Agency. We strive to ensure that each employee is treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is your success. Come work at JFS and be our partner in Moving Forward Together. To learn more about JFS, please visit jfssd.org.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + Advanced Degree Required and 6-9 years of experience.