Position Title: Driver - Class B or Class C with Passenger Endorsement
Organization: Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Salary : $15.00/ Hour
Position Type: Part Time - 18.75 hours per week, non-exempt
Do you enjoy driving?
Do you like building relationships?
Are you looking for meaningful work?
Do you have a passion for helping people?
If so, then this could be the job for YOU!
On the Go provides group and individual transportation solutions for older adults to medical and personal appointments, community events, Social & Wellness Centers, shopping centers, organized excursions, and more.
Jewish Family Service of San Diego operates many programs requiring drivers within the Aging & Wellness Division. Drivers perform a variety of routed and non-routed transportation services utilizing both personal and agency vehicles. This position is part time with a flexible schedule. Drivers will have the opportunity to work a minimum of 10 hours per week, with the potential to work up to 18.75 hours when needed.
• Provide safe and timely rides to older adults via sedan/personal vehicle, paratransit, shuttles and recreational outings
• Deliver meals to homebound adults utilizing both personal and agency vehicles
• Pick up and deliver bulk food purchases & donations utilizing agency vehicles
• Participate in large scale food distributions, including military, utilizing agency vehicles
Meet John Flores – Our Singing On the Go Bus Driver. (KPBS video)
• Valid Class C License with a Passenger Endorsement or a Class B License
• Paratransit Experience
• High School diploma or GED
• Applicants must have a clean DMV driving record, and provide current DMV original printout, no older than one month. https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/online/dr
• Ability to clear a Background Check and pre-employment drug screen
• Ability to push/pull/lift 50 lbs.
• Ability to operate a gate lift / hand pallet jack
• Ability to provide friendly, client centered customer service and public interactions
• Ability to drive, inspect and maintain vehicles including 24 passenger wheel chair lift equipped shuttles, catering (hot/cold) trucks, and an 18ft refrigerated box truck
• Ability to calculate daily mileage and record transit activity
• Ability to utilize both paper routing information and GPS
• Access to a computer, printer, e-mail and internet off-the-job
• Well maintained, reliable personal vehicle and insurance
• Flexible availability including some weekends, evenings and holidays
• Knowledge of the aging process and diversity preferred
• This position is subject to random drug and alcohol testing in accordance with DOT regulations
• Retirees encouraged to apply
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume and DMV printout on the following link:
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Please, no phone calls. Please, principals only. Please, local candidates only (relocation is not provided).
About Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Jewish Family Service of San Diego is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, more resilient community. For nearly 100 years, Jewish Family Service has been a trusted resource for the entire community, offering an array of services that are always life-changing, and often life-saving. At Jewish Family Service, we believe our employees are the backbone of our Agency. We strive to ensure that each employee is treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is your success. Come work at JFS and be our partner in Moving Forward Together. To learn more about JFS, please visit jfssd.org.
Qualifications: Associate's Degree and 0-2 years of experience.