Position Title: Facilities Maintenance Assistant
Organization: Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Position Type: Full Time, 37.50 hours per week, non-exempt
Pay Rate: $17+ DOE
Benefits: Benefits for this position include a 401(k) plan, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts, life insurance and generous holiday benefits.
The Facilities Maintenance Assistant plays a key part in keeping our recently renovated campus looking clean and pristine. Candidates should demonstrate the ability to take direction, as well as initiative, regarding general building maintenance and campus safety and security. The Facilities Maintenance Assistant will act as an extra set of eyes in performing daily inspections of the campus, as well as be expected to interact with exemplary customer skills to campus guests, staff, and clients.
• Assist with overall daily operation and general maintenance of the campus
• Daily monitoring of meeting rooms and event set ups, including creating and displaying the appropriate signage
• Ensure staff lounge, kitchen nooks, production areas are organized and well stocked
• Perform or assist with preventative maintenance on campus (Ex: cleaning air vents, replacing filters, changing out air deodorizers, power washing,etc.)
• Perform general maintenance of the following as required: minor carpentry, painting, drywall repair, ceiling tiles, flooring, etc.
• Respond to and prioritize facility requests from staff via Help Desk Ticket software in a timely manner (Ex: hanging white boards, installing keyboard trays, moving office furniture, etc.)
• Coordinate facility related maintenance efforts with contractors, vendors, and technicians
• Perform other similar duties or projects as assigned or requested
Skills/Abilities that are a MUST-HAVE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
1-2 years of building maintenance experience, including general repairs
A valid California driver’s license
Knowledge of basic hand/power tools and their safety procedures
Basic computer skills; able to navigate and utilize Microsoft Word and Outlook 360
Team player with a great attitude, excellent customer service skills, effective communication skills, and efficient decision-making skills
Skills/Abilities that are a PLUS:
• Experience with building security and emergency preparedness
• Certifications or educational degree as relevant to the position
Read to Move Forward:
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume on the following link;
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Please, no phone calls. Please, principals only. Please, local candidates only (relocation is not provided).
About Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Jewish Family Service of San Diego is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, more resilient community. For nearly 100 years, Jewish Family Service has been a trusted resource for the entire community, offering an array of services that are always life-changing, and often life-saving. At Jewish Family Service, we believe our employees are the backbone of our Agency. We strive to ensure that each employee is treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is your success. Come work at JFS and be our partner in Moving Forward Together. To learn more about JFS, please visit jfssd.org.
Qualifications: Associate's Degree and 3-5 years of experience.