Position Title: Geriatric Case Aide
Organization: Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Position Type: Part Time, 18.75 Hours Per Week, non-exempt
Salary: $14 - $15/ Hour
Benefits: Benefits for this position include a 401(k) plan and generous time off benefits.
Schedule: Flexible hours between 8am and 5pm Monday-Friday
Case Aides assist the Care Managers in providing continuity of care for clients including but not limited to accompanying clients to doctor’s visits and advocating for the clients, helping clients organize their paperwork, applying for public benefits, helping clients pay bills and providing socialization. Case Aides are vital in carrying out care plans designed by the Care Managers.
The Case Aide position may include working in languages other than English and being able to work more independently. A Case Aide has significant experience working with the elderly and can operate independently, including doing basic assessments for no fee clients.
Coordinate with Care Manager: Implements Care Management Plan 100% of the time. This involves making doctor's appointments, acting as a liaison between the client, family (many times out-of-town), doctor, hospital, as well as home care agencies or caregivers involved in client's care. Alerts primary Care Manager to changing needs or conditions of clients within 24 hours of change, 100% of the time.
• Maintain accurate and timely case documentation including progress notes, referrals, and mandatory reporting, according to policy and procedures
• Billing sheets submitted in a timely manner
• Client Satisfaction Surveys rated good to excellent 90% of the time.
• Act in a professional, sensitive manner to allow clients to maintain dignity 100% of the time.
• Other tasks as assigned.
Skills/Abilities that are a Must-Have:
• Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field.
• Experience and/or special training in the field of geriatrics.
• Good to excellent spelling, grammar and written communication skills.
• Excellent telephone and oral communication skills.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as memos, general clerical documents, project and grant reports, safety rules, instruction booklets and manuals.
• Ability to write well (e.g., memos, reports, e-mails, agendas, minutes).
• Ability to lift, push, and carry up to 25 pounds.
• Bi-lingual preferred.
• Knowledge of medical terminology in particular the medical issues of older adults for communication with doctors, clients and family.
• Skill and ability to advocate for clients in doctor’s appointment as well as Social Security, Medi-cal etc.
• Skill to connect clients with necessary resources including assisting clients with paperwork.
• Skill to assist clients with a variety of issues from medical, legal, financial etc.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
• Ability to analyze data.
• Ability to enter data into Excel spread sheet.
• Ability to apply common sense and critical thinking to carry out instructions and make decisions within scope of authority.
• Ability to deal with complex problems involving several variables.
• Proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Ability to write clear concise e-mails.
• Develop proficiency in ETOI used for program monitoring and outcomes by attending database trainings, and regularly reviewing training manuals.
• Work collaboratively with Program Directors to implement data quality procedures for ensuring data integrity.
• Understand data entry expectations as outlined in the Geriatric Care Management DQR checklist.
Read to Move Forward:
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume on the following link;
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Please, no phone calls. Please, principals only. Please, local candidates only (relocation is not provided).
About Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Jewish Family Service of San Diego is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, more resilient community. For nearly 100 years, Jewish Family Service has been a trusted resource for the entire community, offering an array of services that are always life-changing, and often life-saving. At Jewish Family Service, we believe our employees are the backbone of our Agency. We strive to ensure that each employee is treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is your success. Come work at JFS and be our partner in Moving Forward Together. To learn more about JFS, please visit jfssd.org.
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree Preferred and 3-5 years of experience.