Position Title: IT Supervisor
Organization: Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Position Type: Full-time, Exempt
Salary: $65,000 - $75,000
Benefits: Benefits for this position include a 401 (k) plan, medical, dental, vision, flex spending accounts, life insurance and a generous holiday schedule.
Supervising the operations of the agency’s technology is the primary duty of IT Supervisors but is also expected to be hands on. The supervisor will manage a small team and be responsible for upgrades and maintenance of the organizations computer systems, including servers, storage, data communication networks and software programs. The supervisor will hire, train, assign tasks and arrange project schedules within the department. In addition, IT Supervisors perform assessments on company systems to ensure proper operations and to identify any issues that need to be addressed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Install and Maintain Computer Systems
• IT Supervisor is responsible for the company’s internal network and computer systems. The position is responsible for analyzing the organization’s technology needs, develop systems, identify software needs, implement hardware and software, conduct tests and maintain ongoing operations of all systems.
Upgrade Existing Technology
• Evaluate a company’s systems and determine the need for upgrades. Monitor information about upgrades to specific systems and schedule upgrades as needed. Maintain records of systems warranty and support contracts with vendors, notifying where necessary when upgrades are required and need to be budgeted.
Ensure Data Recovery
• In emergency situations, it is imperative that companies have a data recovery system in place. The IT Supervisor is responsible for the data backup systems, including their installation, monitoring and testing.
Manage IT Staff and Operations
• Works with HR and the CIO for hiring of new staff as required. Training new and existing staff along with setting work schedules and establishing department procedures are a key function for this role.
• The IT supervisor will work with the finance and procurement team to recommend and negotiate with vendors, suppliers for computer hardware, software and services including data and phones. The supervisor should have experience in gathering user requirements, researching vendors and writing or assisting in the writing of RFPs.
Manage Outsourced Vendors
• The IT supervisor will be responsible for managing third party vendors that have primary responsibility for key services such as phones, data and printing solutions. The supervisor will be responsible for assisting with conducting annual audits to ensure HIPAA compliance and ensuring that Business Associate Agreements have been adequately vetted.
Minimum Requirement for Employment:
IT Supervisors should display stronger than average communication, analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills to be successful in this position. The IT Supervisor should be a team-builder who possess time management and troubleshooting skills and a thorough understanding of computer systems and functions. Knowledge of business operations, such as financial and personnel management, is important. A deep understanding of project management practices and processes, such as scheduling, budgeting and meeting deadlines, is crucial for IT Supervisors. In addition to these important skills and abilities, the IT Supervisor should possess the following requirements:
• BSc/BA in IT, Computer Science or relevant field
• Five years IT supervisory experience, leading a small team.
• Knowledge of computer operating, software and other systems.
• MCSE certification preferred but will consider experience
• Networking certification such as CCNA preferred but will consider experience
• Computer security awareness and experience. Certifications such as CISSP are beneficial.
• Ability to lift 75 pounds
• Ability to travel by car with the greater San Diego County and Southern California.
• Rotating on-call with other IT staff during nights and weekends
Read to Move Forward:
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume on the following link;
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Please, no phone calls. Please, principals only. Please, local candidates only (relocation is not provided).
About Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Jewish Family Service of San Diego is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, more resilient community. For nearly 100 years, Jewish Family Service has been a trusted resource for the entire community, offering an array of services that are always life-changing, and often life-saving. At Jewish Family Service, we believe our employees are the backbone of our Agency. We strive to ensure that each employee is treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is your success. Come work at JFS and be our partner in Moving Forward Together. To learn more about JFS, please visit jfssd.org.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree Required and 6-9 years of experience.