JOB TITLE: Outreach Coordination Supervisor for the Latino Community
POSITION TYPE: Full-time, Exempt
SALARY RANGE: $49,920 - $50,700
BENEFITS: 401(k) plan, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts, life
insurance and generous holiday benefits.
The Outreach Coordination Supervisor for the Latino Community will oversee all outreach activities for the Breaking Down Barriers Program. This position is responsible for supervising and supporting the Outreach Coordination staff; monitoring fidelity to the program plan, and collection of necessary paperwork to maintain grant funding. They will also perform outreach to the Latino community and build a team environment.
Breaking Down Barriers is a county-funded program that aims to reduce mental health stigma across San Diego County, with a focus on unserved and underserved populations. Through this program, JFS will provide outreach, engagement, and learning opportunities for members of culturally diverse communities in partnership with trusted agencies and community groups. By working with these community partners and volunteer members of these populations, staff of Breaking Down Barriers will develop, adapt, and deliver small- and large-group presentations about mental health and topics particularly relevant to each community.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist with hiring/training program staff, budgeting decisions, and program management
• Supervise Outreach Coordinators in an environment of open communication and balanced
teamwork and coordinate presentation schedules weekly.
• Coordinate outreach and engagement among cultural organizations, community members, etc.
• Ensure staff’s compliance with program curricula, evaluation data collection and updating of
• Provide support to Outreach Coordination staff on Breaking Down Barriers programming and
training needs to best support volunteers and community members.
• Support Coordinators in seeking resources that match the needs of participants, attending meetings and participating in collaborative opportunities for resource sharing and networking.
• Facilitate constructive, educational, and strengths-based discussions about mental illness
• Evaluate the need for additional resources and assist staff in making referrals for mental health treatment or other necessary supports to encourage overall wellness
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR EMPLOYMENT:
• Awareness and understanding of the Latino communities in San Diego County
• Bilingual (Spanish) required
• Comfortable working in an environment that has multiple languages spoken and a diverse service population
• Sensitivity to cultural differences present in the organization’s/program’s service population
• Bachelor’s degree in a human services field preferred
• Must pass pre-employment background check(s)
• At least 3+ years of prior management experience required
• Must have experience working with children/family services within the previous five years and can establish immediate rapport with clients
• Reliable, detail-oriented and initiates hard-work without being prompted
• Must be available to work evenings and possibly weekends
• Comfort with public speaking and presenting to groups
Read to Move Forward:
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume on the following link;
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Please, no phone calls. Please, principals only. Please, local candidates only (relocation is not provided).
About Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Jewish Family Service of San Diego is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, more resilient community. For nearly 100 years, Jewish Family Service has been a trusted resource for the entire community, offering an array of services that are always life-changing, and often life-saving. At Jewish Family Service, we believe our employees are the backbone of our Agency. We strive to ensure that each employee is treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is your success. Come work at JFS and be our partner in Moving Forward Together. To learn more about JFS, please visit jfssd.org.
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree Preferred and 3-5 years of experience.