JOB TITLE: Sr. Director of Clinical and Healthcare Partnerships
SUPERVISES: Director of Geriatric Care Management, Behavioral Health Manager
SALARY RANGE: DOE
BENEFITS: 401(k) plan, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts, life insurance and generous holiday benefits
REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer
SUMMARY/RANGE OF AUTHORITY:
This position represents an extraordinary opportunity to impact the way our organization thinks about, and delivers services for, San Diego’s rapidly growing population of older adults. At the broadest level, the Senior Director will ensure JFS meets and exceeds its commitment to creating, implementing and innovating services that empower and enable older adults to age with dignity. This position is responsible for leading JFS’s strategy around aging services in partnership with leadership, staff and volunteers that is informed by the individuals we serve, caregivers and the older adult community. This position also serves as a member of the Senior Leadership team responsible for programs and services, playing a key role in discussions and decisions about the strategic direction of the organization. This is a high-profile position within our organization and the community.
INITIAL PRIORITIES FOR THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
1. Assess current programs, practices and strategy and make recommendations accordingly, including a timeline for adjustments and implementation.
2. Participate in the planning and implementation of partnerships with the healthcare sector.
3. Identify and implement solutions related to creating fee-for-service programs in the Aging space.
4. Identify and implement solutions to scale Aging related programs including transportation and care coordination services.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Drive strategy through the refinement, maintenance and innovation of current Aging related program offerings with a focus on healthcare partnerships
• Introduce new and/or improved methodologies for serving older adults, including older adults with Alzheimer’s, other forms of cognition impairment and chronic health conditions.
• Oversee the Care Management team, providing strategic leadership to the Director of Care Management
• Represent JFS at community events, sharing best practices and representing our brand.
• Budgeting and financial management of programs and related cost centers, contract requirements, etc.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR EMPLOYMENT:
• Comfort working in an environment where multiple languages are spoken
• Sensitivity to cultural differences present in the organization’s/program’s service population
• Bachelor’s and master’s degree in Social Work or Psychology required
• Current licensure in the State of California required
• Seven to ten years of leadership experience required
• Passionate commitment and deep knowledge of the Aging space
• Exceptional strategic, analytical and critical thinking abilities
• High level of emotional intelligence, with superior verbal and written communication skills
• Experience managing high-performing individuals and teams
• Experience implementing and overseeing best practice, evidence-based programs
• Creative, innovative thinker who embraces new and innovative ways of approaching planning, challenges, and opportunities; willing to challenge the status quo; adaptable and flexible in thinking and execution
• Experience with successful procurement and management of government contracts and fee-for-service programs strongly preferred
• Healthcare experience strongly preferred
Read to Move Forward:
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume on the following link;
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Please, no phone calls. Please, principals only. Please, local candidates only (relocation is not provided).
About Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Jewish Family Service of San Diego is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, more resilient community. For nearly 100 years, Jewish Family Service has been a trusted resource for the entire community, offering an array of services that are always life-changing, and often life-saving. At Jewish Family Service, we believe our employees are the backbone of our Agency. We strive to ensure that each employee is treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is your success. Come work at JFS and be our partner in Moving Forward Together. To learn more about JFS, please visit jfssd.org.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + Advanced Degree Required and 6-9 years of experience.