Position Title: Community Engagement Coordinator
Organization: Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Position Type: Full-time 37.5 hrs/wk, non-exempt
Salary Range: $17 - 18
Benefits: Benefits for this position include a 401 (k) plan, medical, dental, vision, flex spending accounts, life insurance and a generous holiday schedule.
Under the supervision of the Director of Strategic Planning, the Community Engagement Coordinator will be responsible to develop, support, and track agency outreach efforts that educate and engage our community in the work of JFS. You’ll help plan and execute social, cultural and educational events for the broader agency as well as specific JFS programs. Additionally, the Coordinator will help improve intra-agency communication through the implementation of outreach tracking systems and trainings.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Identify, plan and support JFS participation in community events (i.e., outreach, tabling, coordinate Team JFS participation in community walks and events, like Pride, Race for the Cure, Walk Against Hate, Jewish Community Day at the Park, and Shabbat San Diego)
• Support Family Connections programs throughout the year by planning and facilitating social events (i.e., Hanukkah Party, Family Camp), limited support services (i.e., Embrace-a-Family, Thanksgiving packages, Passover bags events) and annual surveys.
• Build processes and systems of outreach tracking across the agency for improved intra-agency tracking and relationship management.
• Develop rubric system to help staff evaluate event/speaking requests.
• In collaboration with Training, Marketing, and Volunteer Engagement, develop and support a JFS Ambassador training to improve staff outreach/community engagement strategies and techniques.
• Support special projects and FS-hosted community education events.
Minimum Requirement for Employment
• Experience in engaging the community through outreach activities
• Ability to plan and lead activities for families and engage people of all ages
• Ability to work collaboratively in teams, including staff and community partners
• Ability to work independently and remain on schedule towards goals; Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize
• Excellent oral and written communication skills (all interviewees will be required to submit a writing sample with their cover letter and resume)
• Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge, Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Knowledge of Jewish culture and experience in Jewish community
• Availability to work at scheduled weekend and/or evening /events, as needed
• Must have own reliable vehicle and automobile insurance
• Minimum of one year of experience providing excellent customer service at a professional level
• Associates Degree or higher
• Ability to apply common sense and critical thinking to carry out instructions and make decisions within scope of authority
Read to Move Forward:
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume on the following link;
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Please, no phone calls. Please, principals only. Please, local candidates only (relocation is not provided).
About Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Jewish Family Service of San Diego is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, more resilient community. For nearly 100 years, Jewish Family Service has been a trusted resource for the entire community, offering an array of services that are always life-changing, and often life-saving. At Jewish Family Service, we believe our employees are the backbone of our Agency. We strive to ensure that each employee is treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is your success. Come work at JFS and be our partner in Moving Forward Together. To learn more about JFS, please visit jfssd.org.
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree Preferred and 3-5 years of experience.