Position Title: Help Desk Technician
Organization: Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Position Type: Non-Exempt, Full-time
Pay Rate: $16.50 - $20.50
Benefits: Benefits for this position include a 401(k) plan, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts, life insurance and generous holiday benefits.
The Help desk technician provides fast and useful technical assistance on computer systems. The position will answer queries on basic technical issues and work with the users to resolve their problems.
An excellent Help desk technician must have good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution. The
Technician must also be customer-oriented and patient to deal with difficult customers.
The goal is to create value for clients that will help preserve the company’s reputation and business.
• Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email
• Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
• Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
• Walk the customer through the problem-solving process
• Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
• Provide accurate information on IT products or services
• Record events and problems and their resolution in logs
• Follow-up and update customer status and information
• Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team
• Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
• Create help desk tickets and assist in prioritizing tickets
• Minimum AA degree in IT Computer Science or relevant field
• BSc/BA in IT, Computer Science or relevant field, a plus
• Proven experience as a help desk technician or other customer support role
• Tech savvy with working knowledge of office automation products, databases and remote control
• Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
• Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
• Proficiency in English
• Excellent communication skills
• Customer-oriented and cool-tempered
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and high demand environment
• Ability to prioritize work
• Creativity in problem solving
Read to Move Forward:
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume on the following link;
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Please, no phone calls. Please, principals only. Please, local candidates only (relocation is not provided).
About Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Jewish Family Service of San Diego is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, more resilient community. For nearly 100 years, Jewish Family Service has been a trusted resource for the entire community, offering an array of services that are always life-changing, and often life-saving. At Jewish Family Service, we believe our employees are the backbone of our Agency. We strive to ensure that each employee is treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is your success. Come work at JFS and be our partner in Moving Forward Together. To learn more about JFS, please visit jfssd.org.
Qualifications: Associate's Degree and 3-5 years of experience.