The Board of Directors of the Jewish Federation of San Diego County adopted a new Vision and Mission in May 2013, as follows:
Our Vision: A vibrant, caring, connected, and enduring Jewish community.
Our Mission: Inspired by Jewish values, we broaden and deepen engagement in Jewish life to strengthen Jewish identity, foster dynamic connections with Israel, and care for all Jews in need.
We mobilize our community’s resources, leaders, and organizations to address the community’s most critical needs, creating profound impact locally, in Israel and around the world.
San Diego is among the 15 largest Jewish communities in North America with more than 100,000 Jews living in 50,000 households. There are more than 100 synagogues, organizations and institutions in the San Diego Jewish Community. Federation has served this community since 1936. For more information about the San Diego Jewish community and Federation, please click on JewishinSanDiego.
The Sr. Development Manager for the Men’s Campaign is the key link to hundreds of men who support Federation. The SDM, working with the Chief Development Officer and Director, Philanthropy Operations, will develop and implement a strategy to engage Men who currently give between $1,000 and $10,000 annually; to steward their giving and to develop relationships donors who could give at this level. The SDM is responsible for the annual Men’s Event and other donor development and engagement events that are part of the strategy. The SDM is a member of the development team and is expected to contribute to the overall success of Federation’s financial resource development strategy.
- Plans, implements and manages Federation mid-level men’s campaign for current and prospective donors giving of $1,000 - $10,000 annually.
- In consultation with Chief Development Officer and Director, Philanthropy Operations sets annual campaign goals, including timely and accurate reporting of campaign progress, donor engagement, etc.
- Once set, the SDM implements the strategy to obtain the campaign results.
- Develops and supports a cadre of volunteers to assist with donor solicitation, engagement and stewardship.
- Cultivates one-to-one relationships with donors as determined by the strategy.
- Identifies prospective donors through analysis, networking, outreach and engagement strategies
- Utilizes Federation’s donor database (PEARL) to establish and manage workflow in order to achieve goals and objectives.
- Is principally responsible, with support from the Events Manager, for the annual Men’s Event, and for design, development and implementation of other events to attract, retain and enhance the giving of current and prospective donors at this level of the annual campaign.
- Assists with budget preparation and expense control for campaign and engagement-related activities, assuring appropriate tracking, financial efficiencies and adherence to approved budget levels
- Actively works with Federation Marketing-Communications staff to assure effective donor communications and use of state-of-the-art approaches to donor marketing
- Performs all other duties as required
Education — Bachelor’s degree is required, with preference given to candidates with advance degree in a related area.
Experience — Minimum of two years’ experience in non-profit fundraising or equivalent experience in a comparable organization.
Broad knowledge of institutions, agencies and programs of the Jewish community is required. Familiarity with the San Diego Jewish Community is preferred.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office Suite programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and donor databases
- Strong organization and time management skills including the ability to multitask, prioritize workload, and maintain a high level of accuracy with attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skill
- Demonstrated ability to work with and maintain confidential information
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently and be detail-oriented
- Proven ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with donors, volunteers and constituents
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills including the ability to meet greet and educate people with confidence and poise
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to evaluate campaign results and identify trends including ability to manage statistical data in order to assess fundraising effectiveness and devise strategic plans